Friday, June 12, 2015

Fall Memories Mixed Media Project



This project is one of an on-going series of birds in the different seasons. The project you see here is the first in this series and one of my favorites. I was fascinated by the way Gabrielle Pollacco at Such a Pretty Mess made her tree using a glue gun. The texture and depth you get is amazing, realistic and actually was a very simple application. I used many different types of mediums but most of the color you see is from rubbing Design Memory Crafts Gelatos onto scrapbook paper. (Absolutely LOVE those Gelatos!) Below is a few close ups.





Here is a close up of the metal "Memories" embellishment I used. I added Ranger Stickles in Lime Green and a top coat of Crystal Effects from Stampin' Up!. You can also see the gold embossed French Script stamp by Stampin' Up!




In this photo you can see the filigree metal embellishment, some Gold and Clear flatback pearls. These are from my collection of embellishments I've built up over the years of crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment